About Sabina | A Life Between Languages, Cultures, and Stories

About Sabina | A Life Between Languages, Cultures, and Stories

From the Sky to Real Conversations

Hi, I’m Sabina.

For 23 years, I worked as a flight attendant for an international airline.
My life moved constantly between cities, airports, hotel lounges, and different cultures. From Hong Kong to Dubai, from late-night flights to early morning arrivals, the sky became part of my everyday life.

During those years, I met people from all around the world.
Different languages. Different emotions. Different ways of communicating.

And slowly, I realized something important:

Language is not only about grammar.
It is about connection.

Many people study English for years but still feel nervous speaking naturally. As someone who worked in international hospitality and aviation environments for over two decades, I discovered that communication is often emotional before it becomes grammatical.

That is why I became deeply interested in real English used by flight attendants, hospitality English, customer service English phrases, and emotional English expressions people actually use in daily life.

Because real conversations are rarely perfect.

They are human.


Returning to Korea After 23 Years Abroad

After spending most of my adult life overseas, I eventually returned to Seoul.

Surprisingly, coming home felt unfamiliar in many ways.

I began reconnecting with Korean culture differently—not simply as a native Korean speaker, but as someone rediscovering language through emotion, memory, and everyday experiences.

Korean dramas, music, cafés, and conversations slowly became part of that journey.

That experience inspired me to explore:

  • Natural English for Korean learners
  • Real-life Korean expressions used in daily situations
  • Aviation English for beginners
  • Cabin crew English expressions
  • Emotional communication across cultures

I realized that people do not truly learn a language by memorizing long textbook sentences.

They learn through stories, feelings, repetition, and meaningful situations.

That idea eventually became the foundation of this blog.


My Jazz Garden: A Small Space for Meaningful Communication

Today, I run a private English jazz club in Seoul called My Jazz Garden.

It is a quiet and intimate space where people gather to practice conversation naturally through music, storytelling, and cultural exchange.

Some visitors come to improve their English speaking skills.
Some are learning about Korean culture through conversation.
Others simply want a place where
communication feels warm and comfortable.

Inside the club, language becomes something alive.

Not performance.
Not perfection.
Just connection.

Through this experience, I continue sharing practical language learning methods based on real communication rather than rigid memorization.

Many of the expressions I write about here come directly from real situations I experienced while working internationally:

  • Airline service English
  • Hospitality English expressions
  • Natural small talk patterns
  • Emotional English phrases
  • Customer service communication skills

These are the kinds of expressions people actually remember and use.


Life Between Cultures

I am also a mother to a 17-year-old son, and my family itself reflects a blend of cultures and languages.

At home, conversations naturally move between perspectives, habits, and cultural backgrounds.

Living this way taught me another important lesson:

Language learning is deeply connected to identity, confidence, and empathy.

That is why this blog is not only about English or Korean study.

It is about understanding people.


What You Will Find on This Blog

Here, I share stories and practical insights based on my real experiences living and working internationally.

Topics on this blog include:

  • Learn Korean with K-Dramas
  • Real English conversation patterns
  • Emotional English phrases for Korean learners
  • Korean culture and communication styles
  • Hospitality and aviation English
  • Stories from Seoul and My Jazz Garden
  • Reflections on language, identity, and connection

Whether you are learning Korean, improving your English, or simply exploring Korean culture, I hope this space feels welcoming and real.


A Small Invitation

If you are learning a new language,
starting over in a different culture,
or trying to speak with more confidence—

you are not alone.

Language does not become natural overnight.

But little by little, through stories and conversations, it becomes part of who we are.

Thank you for visiting my blog.

Let’s learn, feel, and grow together.

— Sabina 

Ps. my jazz garden in seoul open for anyone who loves Korea & Music. When you are in trouble or help, please contact me.

-My Jazz Garden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Privacy Policy

Rediscovering the Beautiful North-South Romance of Crash Landing on You